Chuck Gould Chuck Gould is offline

Default More on Vista.........

On Apr 20, 7:24?am, wrote:
On Apr 20, 12:28 am, "Clams Canino" wrote:

A chink in the armor apperars.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/busine...P_Dell_XP.html

-W

So I could not even get Microsoft Money to install on my vista machine
(Toshiba Sattelite, Vista home premium). The autorun would not even
start. Had to remove Microsoft Money Essentials (worthless teaser
software) to get 06 to even install. Then could not sign in. While
trying to sign in it would just stop the program and tell me it was
looking for a solution, right. Anyway, if you have this problem, go to
the sign in screen and click on the upper left where it says file, and
make a new file, this solved the problem. Once you are signed in the
first time, you should have no problems.

Just some observations.

We non-technogeeks are pretty spoiled. We just expect stuff to work
without requiring the operator to stand on one foot, light a red
candle, and chant.
The availability of complex work-arounds for the more bizarre
characteristics of VISTA still doesn't make the system as functional
as the XP it is supposed to replace.

Aside from the fact that some of the most popular nav software isn't
compatible with VISTA, (at least not yet), there is some basis for an
impression that MS rushed this product to market without first ironing
out all of the bugs. At least with Dell offering the XP machines once
again, boaters ready to replace a navigation computer have an option
to get proven, reliable technology.