posted to rec.boats.building
Larry and a Cat named Dub Larry and a Cat named Dub is offline

Default plastic barrels and floating docks

Speaking from someone who used barrels DON'T
it will be rock and roll heaven. If you do make it double wide! Go floats
the full length
"mark" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am going to build some floating docks but before I re-invent the
wheel I would like to get some opinions. They will be 16' long by 3'
wide and at either end I would put a plastic barrel under it, inside
the frame. The frame would be 2X8 rough sawn Juniper and the decking
would be 1 1/4" X 3 . First of all would this be stable or want to
roll, should I put a 3rd barrel in the center? If the barrels were in
a framework but free moving could they act as rollers to help when
pulling the docks out of the water. The beach is very gradual. I am
doing this on the cheap so I am not buying any floating dock hardware,
brackets, plastic floats etc...Any other ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks