posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy katy is offline

Default How many more?

OzOne wrote:
On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 23:57:43 -0400, katy
scribbled thusly:

Becasue the liberals passed the HIPPA (Hralth Insurance Portability and
Protection Act) laaws which disallow any release of medical information
if not specifically permitted by the patient...to release medical
information without the express permission of the subject is a breach of
privacy under this act and is prosecutable...hey...the libs wrote
it...talk to them...kid should have been in an institution...libs got
rid of those too so the mentally ill could mainstream with the rest of
society...

OK, so you have a set of loose gun control regulations which will
allow mentally unstable people to purchase a pistol because their
illness is only their affair.
Great!

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

I welcome you to crackerbox palace,
We've been expecting you.

As a former HR person who had to deal with the massive bulk of the HIPPA
Privacy law on both the employee and the patient side, I agree. Another
amazing fact: Many of the nurses working in hospital and nursing homes
are diagnosed bi-polars...they do not have to disclose that on a job
application and work while medicated...trying to get rid of them once
hired is a horrendous legal process, even when they make med errors,
etc. I realize that there are many people who are controlled to a lvel
where they can lead a normal life and carry on their careers
succesfully, but there are also a number that take their meds
sporadically, are on the wrong med, or are just that bad off that their
meds aren't enough...and they're out there...we do so much to "protect"
individuals here, but who protects us from them when things go wrong?