Default Sail Track and Slide, any comments

I do not much about in mast main sail fuller.
The comments I have heard were that many sailors like the convenient of a
main fuller but do not want to sacrifice the power of a main sail.
I am close in buying a new sailboat and I have to make a choice between
standard main or in mast main sail fuller.
The alternative I have is to get a main sail flaking system with a Strong
Track installed coupled with a 4'-9" fin keel and 29'-3 LWL. Otherwise, the
boat equipped with the main fuller has a 6'-00" fin keel with 31' LWL.
On a 350 NM crossing having a regular main sail may make a difference?

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 12:27:05 GMT, wrote:

Some sailors are saying the a low friction sail track and slide system for
the main could be an acceptable alternative to an in mast main furler.
Any
comments.

I have the "strong track" from tides marine. It makes a huge
difference in the amount of effort needed to raise the sail, and the
sail also comes down as if it was not attached to anything. It makes
sail handling easier, but I don't understand how anyone could compare
it with an in-mast furler. Two different aspects of sail handling.

If I wanted a furling mainsail, I think I'd opt for the in-boom,
rather than the in-mast approach.

CWM