posted to rec.boats.building
Bob Bob is offline

Default Ranger 26 (Gary Mull design) owners or builders?

Gary Mull Ranger 26 and cockpit drains: That does sound like the
boat I have Bob. How'd you know?

I have a friend who has one, who sold it to another friend. The Ranger
has spent over 10 years in the same slip. We all wondered about that
"design flaw" and each winter as the marina froze solid with 2-4"
thick ice and the temps droped to 0-10F for weeks at a
time................ we all concluded it must not be a problem if the
boat is still floating.

'Course, that very "fault" I consider
a feature because it was part of the reason that I got the boat so
cheap!

Great! What can I say....... the through hulls should freeze, split,
thaw, and flood the boat. They dont?!?!?!? Go figure......

Just thought I would pull ur chain a bit.............. Bob

Todd- Hide quoted text -