Don W Don W is offline

Default Yacht sunk by Ferry

Stephen Trapani wrote:
Larry wrote:

He had much more than that wrong. The primary thing he had wrong was how
close of tabs government would keep on citizens. People cry all the time
about this law and that law, but fail to take into account how strictly
the laws are actually enforced. You mention taxes.

I have gone about seven years now without paying my income taxes. Yes, I
do owe them, yes it is a significant amount, no I'm not using some
verbal trick. I owe taxes, I haven't paid them. It's against the law.
But, if not for me actually informing an IRS agent that I haven't paid
them, I probably still would be going relatively un-noticed. Time after
time I would receive notices and even phone calls but then they would
just let it slide. When this guy did find out did they rush me to jail?
No. Threaten me with jail? No. Threaten me at all? Yeah, well a little.
"We're going to have to do something if this isn't paid soon." He said.
And then I was ignored for another year or two.

snip
Stephen

Whoa Stephen,

The wheels of government grind slowly, but they
grind exceedingly fine. The amount you owe them
must be way down on the list, because otherwise
you'd already probably be out on parole after a
couple of warning years in the federal pen.

Do you move around a lot by any chance? I would
not count on getting away with this long term.

Don W.