[email protected] billwarnock@earthlink.net is offline

Default What is a useful tv-satellite dish on board?

Len... I've been seriously considering the type of application that
Joe has on his boat.

One of my dock neighbors has his satellite dish on a rod holder that
is mounted on the rear transom rail. When he goes out for a day
sail...
he just takes it off and along with the feed line stows it on his
dock.

My boat is quite small as well... so I will be doing the same
thing...
or stow it on the aft berth while under way along with all the other
junk. (smile)

Since I will be using DirectTV... I may just get one of their
vendor's
all in one TV sets.

It's a 20" LCD with Direct's receiver built in. Just one less
external
component to deal with.

Here is the vendor's web site which shows this unit:

http://www.humaxusa.com/index_1.html

Fortunately (as Joe pointed out) conditions at my marina and slip are
usually very stable... so signal loss and/or adjusting shouldn't be an
on
going problem.

Bill

Anacapa Isle Marina