Jeff Rigby

Default Overheating Perkins revisited.....

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Not long ago we had a guy post that his Perkins was running progressively
hotter.

My brother has two perkins diesel fresh water cooled engines. His also

overheat at RPM's above 1800. We have traced the problem to obstructions in
the raw water cooling. Specifically the transmission cooling. I'm trying
to get him to reroute the fresh water through the transmission with possibly
a partial bypass. This will keep the iron in the transmission from
corroding shut and increase raw water cooling.