posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Video footage - USCG assists capsized catamaran in Gulf of Mexico

On 15 Apr 2007 19:20:17 -0700, "Joe" wrote:

I'd never
have a cat bigger than one I could self right.

Based on my own limited experience, that sounds about right.

I used to have a small Hobie and capsized it several times. Unless
you could anticipate the gust coming before it actually hit, it would
be over before you could head up or ease the mainsheet.

These folks in the Gulf last week at least had the advantage of warm
water.