Joe Joe is offline

Default Jim Manzari - Cruisers Snared in Australia

On Apr 15, 1:08 am, Peter Hendra wrote:
On 14 Apr 2007 18:02:32 -0700, wrote:

Joe,
Pray forgive my ignorance but is this any difference from Christian
fundamentalists and "extremists"?

Christian fundamentalists do not chop off heads chanting "alla is
great". They do not strap on bombs and kill themselfs to make it to
heaven.., and the do not commit mass murder to expand their religious
ambitions. Lest last time I went to church they did not. But I must
admit it's been awhile.

Is not it their stated aim to ensure that the Message of Christ is
spread to all corners of the world before the "last days"so that God's
Kingdom may be established upon Earth? I am thinking here of such as
Seventh Day Adventists, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Pentecostals and
the like with their missionary zeal (with all due respect to their
beliefs and the sincerity with which they hold them).

Don't know.

In twiddling my shortwave radio knobs in order to receive such as the
BBC, I am innundated with what I would consider "Christian
Fundamentalism", often of a strange single leader style, most calling
for monetary donations, and most with American voices and a warped
view of the message of Christ and the Second Coming. Try listening
sometime.

Why? I have no need for organized religion. Most are just in it for
the money. Most are real Elmer Gantrys at work.

If I need grace, or saving, I go sailing.

Islam does not need me to defend it, nor do I feel offended but even a
cursory study of history will show that it is Christianity, not Islam
that has used force, fear and the threat of death to covert people.

True, but that was then.

Again, perhaps it might bear contemplating Jesus's injunction to take
the beam from thine own eye before one takes the mote from thy
brother's.

I'll do that Peter. But remember in the same sermon on the mound
Jesus also said "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither
cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their
feet, and turn again and rend you"

Jesus warns us against two extremes: indifference toward evil and
judgment of others.

I do not need to judge radical islamist jihadist, their action speak
volumes.

Just wondering in my ignorance.....

We all wonder, I wish I had the answers.

Joe

regards
Peter

In nearly all cases, the jihadi terrorists have a patently self-
evident
ambition: to establish a world dominated by Muslims, Islam, and
Islamic law,
the Shari'a. Thier goal is the extension of the Islamic territory
across the globe, and the establishment of a worldwide 'caliphate'
founded on Shari'a law."- Hide quoted text -