Gordon Gordon is offline

Default Yacht sunk by Ferry

Peter Hendra wrote:
On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 18:54:06 -0400, Peter Hendra
wrote:

Sorry - typo - My boat is 40 foot in length, not 49
Peter
Good point Wilbur, I have one that has a different sound to all the
others. It can be set to any voltage level.

As to shallow draft, mine is also 4' 6" even though it is 49 ft in
length. However, it is not at anchor that I worry about being run down
by a ship. It is out on the ocean blue.

Incidently, shallow draft is great, isn't it. I had the option of
building with a draft of either 4' 6" or 6 foot. Around New Zealand, 6
ft would be fine but in parts of Australia, especially the navigable
rivers and the parts of Asia that I wanted to travel, a shallower
draft has advantages. What we enjoy is arriving at a crowded
anchorage where the close in spots have been taken and nipping behind
those and dropping anchor closer to the beach.

cheers
Peter

Is Wilburs 32 the dink for his 68 footer?