posted to rec.boats.electronics
Jack Erbes Jack Erbes is offline

Default Connecting Standard Horizon GPS to Computer

CaptMichael wrote:

I have a Standard Horizon GPS Chart 160 which is similar to the CP175C or
just 175. I am trying to get my numbers off of it and put them on my new and
beloved Garmin 498. I can not for the life of me find out how to get them
onto my computer fron the 160. I have tried MapSource and GPSU and neither
seem to be aboe to communicate with the Standard Horizon. I have checked the
path, etc with my old Garmin GPS 12 and it's points fly right into MapSource.
Can anyone tell me what I need to do to set up my Standard Horizon to talk to
my PC? I would even load them directly to the Garmin 498 if I can do so.

Thank You for your HELP!

Sorry for accidentaly posting this in the wrong area the first time. I would
not figure out how to move it so posted it here...

I agree with Matt on the abilities of GPS Utility. If that can't do it
it probably can't be done.

It sounds like a configuration issue. Go into the SH menu and make sure
two-way NMEA communications are turned on for the port. It may be
called NMEA/NMEA or something similar.

Then change the port settings on both the SH and GPSU to 4800/8/N/1
(4800 Baud, 8 data bits, No parity bit, 1 stop bit).

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jackerbes at adelphia dot net
(also receiving email at jacker at midmaine.com)