Don White Don White is offline

Default Jim Manzari - Cruisers Snared in Australia

"Peter Hendra" wrote in message
snip...
As to when Australia became a territory of the USA - Mainly since LBJ
and definitely when Deputy Sheriff Howard took over (Our Malaysian
Prime Minister coined the phrase which fits well). He is often
interviewed on television regarding Australia's reaction to world
events. He usually responds along the lines of "I have spoken to Mr
Bush by phone and ......." I don't think he realises that the US does
not award knighthoods. Seriouisly though, in many ways Australia is
attempting to be the US in the souithern hemisphere. It is almost at
the Teddy Roosevelt era in many ways. It regards South east Asia as
its sphere of influence and were quite annoyed that they had to sign
away the right of pre-emptive strike in order to attend the last ASEAN
conference as guests SEA people do not consider Australia as part of
Asia but as another western nation despite Australia's politicians
claims. unlike the US `though, Australia will remain the mine and the
farm for a long time to come. Australians (I do have citizenship) may
object, but that is how I see it.

cheers
Peter

You think you have it bad... Canada has the same problem and is stuck right
next door.
When we get rid of our Conservative PM things should improve.