posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats.cruising
[email protected] ericsmith3d@charter.net is offline

Default Why I am dumping Nobeltec

On Register today:

SlinkySausage writes "Computer makers have been told they'll no longer
be able to get Windows XP OEM by the end of this year, despite strong
ongoing demand for the OS. Analysts and computer makers are wondering
if the move is premature given Vista's ongoing performance and
compatibility issues. Dell recently said it would reintroduce XP on a
range of machines due to customer demand but Microsoft will only allow
this until the end of the year."

On Apr 11, 10:38 am, Kees Verruijt wrote:
shaun wrote:

have done already and as i am a small computor tec/reseller
and my wife has a large clientele base as a accountant
we will only purchase xp based machines.
but what i would like to know is can we demand a refund on the vista
software if we convert to XP.....food for thought
shaun

Just buy from manufacturer's _BUSINESS_ sites instead of _CONSUMER_. I
just checked and HP still offers Microsoft Windows XP instead of Vista.

--
Kees