KLC Lewis KLC Lewis is offline

Default Jim Manzari - Cruisers Snared in Australia

"shaun" wrote in message
I live in Austalia and have done so for 90% of my life.
This country is still one of the nicest in the world.............
As long as you can keep away from the bureaucracy! in the last ten years
it has gone from yep that's cool to every one looking over there shoulders
for the cops or some other local govenment rep.
I have friends that import goods and they are 100% legit! way too scared
of losing there home and every thing else to even complain when they are
charged $4000 on top of dock fee's and import to unload a sea container by
hand that they have to do on there own because the customs agents wants to
pocket the money and will not hire the labour on the day.
if you don't pay they hide the container down the back of the docks and
you have to pay $90 per day for the container as rental while they shrug
there shoulders and say sorry mate can't find it.
This is all on top of the fee's that they state and quote. if you mention
any thing the customs then demand that the container is fumigated and once
again they charge you to do a job that you do your self.
The system is so corrupt that they are not even scared of the police or
any law at all....
I am now so ashamed of my country that i no longer recomend that friends
come over and stay its just to much hassle.........
On the other hand the average bloke/chick is great and people still smile
and say hi even in perth.
shaun

This leaves me wondering, when did the US take over Austrailia?
getting ready to stand and fight the line is drawn in the sand
the shells and bullets landing all about
but still i stand quivering and shout
This is our land
it is what we are about
this will not be a rout