shaun shaun is offline

Default Jim Manzari - Cruisers Snared in Australia

Roger Long wrote:
After hearing for years that OZ is heaven and the most family oriented place
on earth, most of what I hear now is bad. When I was flying, my internet
pilot contacts down under were telling me how they destroyed their general
aviation and air traffic control system to the point that many were turning
in their licences. Everything that moves down there is venemous enough to
kill you. Sounds like a good place to skip.

Speaking of our Customs and flying, one of my flying club members had to
divert from his airport of entry because of a thunderstorm and was fined
five grand despite landing 20 minutes away at a larger airport of entry and
immediately complying with all customs requirements (keeping his full
bladder passengers in the aircraft until the agent finished his coffee
break, etc.)

He pointed out that the FAA would have taken his license if he had landed at
the first airport. They said that was a different regulatory agency and no
concern of theirs. He pointed out that he also could have died and they
said that crashing and burning could be considered an alternative mode of
compliance. Make that check payable to....

--
Roger Long

I live in Austalia and have done so for 90% of my life.
This country is still one of the nicest in the world.............
As long as you can keep away from the bureaucracy! in the last ten years
it has gone from yep that's cool to every one looking over there
shoulders for the cops or some other local govenment rep.
I have friends that import goods and they are 100% legit! way too scared
of losing there home and every thing else to even complain when they are
charged $4000 on top of dock fee's and import to unload a sea container
by hand that they have to do on there own because the customs agents
wants to pocket the money and will not hire the labour on the day.
if you don't pay they hide the container down the back of the docks and
you have to pay $90 per day for the container as rental while they shrug
there shoulders and say sorry mate can't find it.
This is all on top of the fee's that they state and quote. if you
mention any thing the customs then demand that the container is
fumigated and once again they charge you to do a job that you do your self.
The system is so corrupt that they are not even scared of the police or
any law at all....
I am now so ashamed of my country that i no longer recomend that friends
come over and stay its just to much hassle.........
On the other hand the average bloke/chick is great and people still
smile and say hi even in perth.
shaun

getting ready to stand and fight the line is drawn in the sand
the shells and bullets landing all about
but still i stand quivering and shout
This is our land
it is what we are about
this will not be a rout