Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default Jim Manzari - Cruisers Snared in Australia

After hearing for years that OZ is heaven and the most family oriented place
on earth, most of what I hear now is bad. When I was flying, my internet
pilot contacts down under were telling me how they destroyed their general
aviation and air traffic control system to the point that many were turning
in their licences. Everything that moves down there is venemous enough to
kill you. Sounds like a good place to skip.

Speaking of our Customs and flying, one of my flying club members had to
divert from his airport of entry because of a thunderstorm and was fined
five grand despite landing 20 minutes away at a larger airport of entry and
immediately complying with all customs requirements (keeping his full
bladder passengers in the aircraft until the agent finished his coffee
break, etc.)

He pointed out that the FAA would have taken his license if he had landed at
the first airport. They said that was a different regulatory agency and no
concern of theirs. He pointed out that he also could have died and they
said that crashing and burning could be considered an alternative mode of
compliance. Make that check payable to....

--
Roger Long