posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats.cruising
claus claus is offline

Default Sea Talk, NMEA

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

wrote in message
ups.com...
Question to the collective.

A buddy of mine is in the the process of replacing most of the
instruments on his sail boat (depth, speed apparent wind). It's a
pretty simple installation with no repeaters, just instruments located
in the cockpit bulkhead.

The question came up what would be the benefit in having the
instruments communicate with each other using Sea talk or NMEA?

I am well aware of the benefits of having the GPS talk to the
Autopilot but any reasons for having the rest of the instruments
communicate with each other, escape me.

Many thanks in advance for enlightening me.

Matt

If the instruments talk to each other, you can know true wind, current,
drift, etc.

You can know all that just by having a magnetic compass and a GPS. You are
so lame...

Wilbur Hubbard

1) too many ignorant subscribers
2) too many off-topic posts
3) too much trash talk
4) people here are losers
5) most people don't even know what sailing is, they have pitiful little
motor boats, I've been to the rec.boats.cruising picture site. If you
liars can cruise in those ugly tiny little runabouts then you're
dreaming. There were maybe three or four boats shown that one would be
able to cruise in.
6) the most boring subscribers I've ever seen in any group.

Good riddance to all of you ******s.

Wilbur Hubbard