Maynard G. Krebbs Maynard G. Krebbs is offline

Default Strange Sub in the Panama Canal?

De-Lurk engaged!

I usually leave the Panama Canal webcam
http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html
up on my computer during the day and I glance at it through the day.
Yesterday (Sunday) I saw a military ship with an A-Frame crane over
the back deck heading south toward the Pacific. It's bow number was
53 I think. It was followed into Miraflores lock by a submarine and
a couple of tugs. Using the largest tug at 75' and the width of the
canal at 110' as guides, I estimated that the sub was around 150'
long.
Anyone know anything about the sub?
Mark E. Williams