posted to rec.boats.paddle
Davej Davej is offline

Default Gore-Tex patch kit?

On Apr 9, 3:10 am, Brian Nystrom wrote:
Davej wrote:
Oh, I notice the water collecting in the sleeves more than anything
else. It can obviously drain out of the torso area.

If your jacket doesn't have latex seals at the wrists, the water in the
sleeves is a combination of sweat and water that leaks in as you paddle.
Puddling in the sleeves is one of the reasons I don't wear paddling
jackets any longer, but wear real drytops.

If yours is a dry top, the reason that you notice the moisture in the
sleeves is that torso moisture runs down to your waist, but moisture in
the sleeves tends to gather near the elbows..

Well, I have to admit that I'm coming around to a new viewpoint on
sleeves. They annoy me. If I had a short sleeve top I might be able to
use it with some sort of removable sleeves which I could strip off as
I heated up.