posted to rec.boats.paddle
Cyli Cyli is offline

Default Gore-Tex patch kit?

On 8 Apr 2007 18:43:38 -0700, "Davej" wrote:

On Apr 8, 5:19 am, Brian Nystrom wrote:
Davej wrote:
I was just thinking... what if you added a few Gore-Tex patches on the
sleeves of a conventional drytop? Or wouldn't it make sense for them
to make drytops with just the sleeves made of Gore-Tex?

No, it wouldn't, as you still get significant breathability in areas
covered by your PFD. Patches on the arms would do almost nothing. Think
about it, how much do your arms sweat compared to your torso?

Oh, I notice the water collecting in the sleeves more than anything
else. It can obviously drain out of the torso area.

Huh? If it can drain out then it's just a waterproof top, not a
drytop.
--

r.bc: vixen
Minnow goddess, Speaker to squirrels, willow watcher.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli