GeoffSchultz GeoffSchultz is offline

Default Yamaha Enduro 2 Stroke Stator Problem

The only thing I can think of, and it happened to me once in the bay and
once in Mexico, was that although the cut-off switch appears to be working,
it may not be. The fix for me was to try several times, then jam something
between the key and the switch post. Started immediately. In Mexico, the
whole key and lanyard went in the water... used whatever I could find to rig
it, but it was a bit finicky until I got it right.

--
"j" ganz - Hide quoted text -

The cut-off switch appears to ground the output from the stator when
the key is removed. I've checked and can see that it opens/closes as
expected. I've also disconnected it, which won't allow it to connect
the stator to ground, with no difference.

I checked the resistance of the wires from the stator and it's an open
circuit between the wires. It's about 350K ohms from the wires to
ground.

I don't have a shop manual as I have the Enduro version of the motor
and the US doesn't stock Enduro manuals, although I can't believe that
they would be that much different.

I suspect that the problem is with the stator. I've never pulled the
fly wheel off of the motor before. What do I have to be aware of when
doing this?

-- Geoff