Billgran

Default Question for you electronics wizards...>>>

"Marty S." wrote in message
I'm running 2 12-volt batteries running in series to power my 24-volt
electric motor in my jon boat (on an electric-only reservoir) and I want

run a fish finder. Here's my question -- can I safely run the fish

finder
off of one of the 2 12-volt batteries while running the 24-volt motor?

Or,
is that going to burn up the fish finder? Should I just invest in a

couple
of 6-volt lantern batteries instead?

The easiest way to hook them up so you will not have electrical interaction
problems is to attach the negative wire of the fish finder to the same
battery terminal as the negative wire of the trolling motor. That way both
items use the same "ground" path.

Bill Grannis
service manager