posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats.cruising
Bill Kearney Bill Kearney is offline

Default Why I am dumping Nobeltec

I don't have a boat or use a navigation software full time but I've
twice loaded the trial version of Rose Point's Coastal Navigator and I
really liked that software. It is very easy to master in use and does a
very good job with the NOAA free charting, both vector and raster. It
is worth taking a look at.

Maptech private labels this and resells it with a dozen US waters DVDs
(maps, pix, depths, info) and calls it "Chart Navigator Pro". I picked it
up for $350 online. An *excellent* package and quite a bargain since it
includes nearly all US navigable waters.

In the meantime, SeaClear II is arguably the best freeware navigation
software in the world, a truly generous donation to the public domain.

SeaClear is worth the price paid; ie nothing. It's just nowhere near
friendly to use. My time is worth more than the hassles of using it.