Paul Paul is offline

Default Size of seas and size of boat

"Jere Lull" wrote in message
news:2007040223482216807-jerelull@maccom...
On 2007-04-01 10:37:46 -0400, "John Reimer"
said:

Is there a general rule of thumb on what size of seas become inherently
unsafe for a particular size of boat?

[...] I expect you're thinking about a storm at sea. While any storm makes
me uncomfortable --I hate to spill drinks-- and I do everything in my
power to stay away from them, I'd wouldn't be unduly alarmed to find
myself in one if I were well away from any shore, was on a series drogue
sea anchor, and had time to strip the exterior and unship our rudder and
put it below.

Unship your rudder?

-Paul