Marty S.

Default Question for you electronics wizards...>>>

I've checked the voltage and either battery by itself reads 12 volts when
hooked up in series, and they are 24 together. However, is there an issue
of amps or watts or current or whatever else flows in the wires? The fish
finder draws about 110 milliamps (whatever that is)... Will it burn out or
crack or implode or fizz out or whatever? (as you can tell, I didn't spend
a whole lot of time paying attention in 7th grade electrical shop)

--
Marty S.
Baltimore, MD USA

"Bowgus" wrote in message
. rogers.com...
Your fish finder will be fine across one of the batteries. If you're
hesitant, apply (or borrow) your voltmeter across either of the batteries.
You'll find it reads ... 12 volts.

"Marty S." wrote in message
I'm running 2 12-volt batteries running in series to power my 24-volt
electric motor in my jon boat (on an electric-only reservoir) and I want

run a fish finder. Here's my question -- can I safely run the fish

finder
off of one of the 2 12-volt batteries while running the 24-volt motor?

Or,
is that going to burn up the fish finder? Should I just invest in a

couple
of 6-volt lantern batteries instead?

--
Marty S.