posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats.cruising
Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Why I am dumping Nobeltec

On 2007-04-04 04:52:36 -0400, Sjouke Burry
said:

R.W. Behan wrote:
Suggestion: stick with your Nobeltec and DUMP THE ##@&%%*)^ VISTA.

I recently bought a new Dell desktop--with Vista aboard--and spent 2
days trying to get my old files transferred and everything working.
Impossible. I returned the computer to Dell, admitting the problem was
the OS, not the machine. But they sold me a product I could NOT use,
and I said I expected a full refund. Dell, bless their weird bones,
complied.

We're running Maptech gear on our boat, with Windows XP. When its time
to replace the onboard laptop, I'll go with a Mac if I have to in order
to avoid Vista.

I lay this wholly at Microsoft's feet. XP has been working fine. It
is fairly stable, hence reliable. But Microsoft had to pump its
profits by force feeding a new OS on the world at large.

Anyone care to join my one-man boycott?

What makes you think its a one-man affair???

Definitely ain't one-man...

Just had to rebuild my machine (danged disk-drives) and loaded NO
MicroS..T products on the machine.

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD