posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats.cruising
Keith Keith is offline

Default Why I am dumping Nobeltec

Nobeltec says on their website, and in an e-mail to their registered
customers, that VNS wasn't ready to use with Vista. There are a lot of
problems with using Vista on a computer, not the least of which it
needs to contact the mothership (MS) on an ongoing basis, or it shuts
down. Not a good scenario when you're out cruising and not plugged in
all the time. My nav computer is dedicated to that, and never connects
to the internet. I can't and won't use Vista.