posted to alt.sailing.asa
LLoyd Bonafide LLoyd Bonafide is offline

Default OT Canada's sacrifice

"katy" wrote in message

They entered Canada just like terrorists enter this country all the
time..legally...we've let in whole groups of terrorist under the guise of
students or on work training permits...why should Canada, a smaller in
every way except for geographical size, do any better at immigration than
we, the largest, touted to be the safest, country in the world?

The terrorists came from Canada because it was the easiest way to enter the
US. As far as Canada's size who would expect them to do better in health
care than the largest, richest country in the world? Or hockey? Or curling?

History repeats itself.

No, stupid people repeat the same mistakes. History is simply of record of
human action, stupid or good.

So they were inexperienced, had no budget, and had an inferior navy...so
what?

Ask those who died unecessarily because of it.

They went with what they had and they
did what they had to do...in the long run, that is what counts, not what
is put down in some anachronsitic account to tittlilate historians in the
future...

They did what they were ordered to do or acted out of desperation or
ignorance. The fact many died because of lack of equipment or lack of
training prolonged the war which caused additional lives to be lost. In the
long run in does not matter unless Canada lost the war because of it. In the
short run, in the context of those who paid in blood it does matter. Would
you send your kids off to war, untrained and ill equipped and tell them not
to worry because in the long term it does not matter? If the term is long
enough then nothing matters.

Eskimo like?

Now you're acting totally ridiculous...

Not in the North. My point was Canadians are not a distinct people as are
the Swedes, Nigerians, Chinese. Canada is a melting pot, go and see for
yourself.

The Canadians burned down the White House in 1812.

The British burned down teh White House...Canada did not become a Dominion
until July 1, 1867...

They would
be burning it down again today if we didn't have a bigger military than
theirs.

bullroar...you're a hate monger...

You're right, they won't burn down the White House. They only say it to get
elected:

http://english.people.com.cn/200512/...14_227935.html

Yep...some have even become Americans...and some of my American rellies
have become Canadians...marriage is a wonderful thing...

Marriage must be incredibly wonderful to make an American want to become
Canadian.

I'm an equal opportunity offender. Germany has contributed much more good
to the US than Canada.

The memories of gas ovens, incinerated bodies, and the rape of Europe?

Why are you excluding the Italians and French?

Yeah, that's a wonderful legacy...or were you talking about sauerkraut,
beer, and wienerschnitzel?

Science, medicine, psychology, manufacturing, agriculture to name a few.

No one drinks maple syrup and BTW, maple syrup is made in many US states

I drink maple syrup. Because of global warming the maple sugar crop is
moving further north. I also put it on English muffins and whale blubber.