posted to alt.sailing.asa
LLoyd Bonafide LLoyd Bonafide is offline

Default OT Canada's sacrifice

"katy" wrote in message
Lloyd Bonafide wrote:
At the outbreak of WWII the Canadian Navy was a shame to the nation. Not
only lacking ships, they lacked basics such as life jackets. Thousands of
Canadians died thanks to the negligence of the Canadian government in
defending itself. Today, Canada can boast more generals than tanks. Seems
a cultural thing to me. Those maple sucking strap hangers thumb their
noses at the US but come running for help whenever threatened. Hey
Canada - thanks! - thanks for letting those 9/11 terrorists pass through
your silly little country! If it so upsets you that Canadians come to the
US to be successful, why not build a wall to keep all you zambonie brains
in the country.

http://www.rootsweb.com/~canmil/ww2/ww2ship.htm

"A sorry state of affairs" puts it mildly.

Lloyd

Spolken by a person who ahs not been through customs at the US and
Candian borders...in order for someone to slip through FROM Canada, they
would have had to slip by US customs agents. They would have encountered
Canadian agents only upon reentering Canada.

So the 9/11 terrorists were born in Canada and never left until they decided
to attack the US? Or were they born somewhere else and entered Canada
(slipping past the Canadaian customs guys)? Reread what was written. It says
"pass through".

The population of Canada
entire is less than the entire population of California. At the time of
WW2 even less so. You obviously don't know many Canadians.

Not as many as I do Californians. I know Canadian Naval history, especially
what went on at the outbreak of WWII. Can you refute with facts anything I
said? I can cite several books on the subject from the Naval Institute Press
if you are interested. Canada is a classic case of what not to do to for
Naval Scholars and military historians.

They are
lovely people.

Canadians are a distinct people? Are they French-like or more English like?
Eskimo like? The Canadians burned down the White House in 1812. They would
be burning it down again today if we didn't have a bigger military than
theirs.

I am proud to have Canadian relatives.

Are your Canadian relatives equally as proud to have you as an American
relative?

Go pound on some other country more deserving of your ire than our allies
in Canada...save your spew for Germany or any other Euro neighbor that has
turned their back to us.

I'm an equal opportunity offender. Germany has contributed much more good to
the US than Canada. If Canada is such a great place why aren't more
Americans moving there?

Lloyd "don't drink maple syrup" Bonafide