posted to rec.boats.building
jim.isbell jim.isbell is offline

Default Wee Lassie Canoe

On Apr 3, 8:56 am, "jim.isbell" wrote:
Another question, is the bottom supposed to have a "W" shape to it?

If I use the dimensions given in the book for the Wee Lassie 2 it
produces a "w" curve on the bottom as the #4 "mold" is taller than the
#3 "mold". The #4 and #2 "molds" are the same height but the #3 is
1/16th inch shorter making a dip (or rise if the boat is right side
up) on both sides of the center which is higher. Is this a misprint?
I can correct it now as I have not yet put the keel strip on. but
after the keel strip is on the bottom curve will be set.

I just re read what I last wrote and it is not clear what I am talking
about. Below is a list of the "mold" heights so you can see what I am
talking about.

Station #1 15 7/8" Mold #6
Station #2 16 3/8" Mold #5
Station #3 16 1/2" Mold #4
Station #4 16 7/16" Mold #3 ---------------
Station #5 16 1/2" Mold #2
Station #6 16 7/8" Mold #1
Station #7 16 1/2" Mold #2
Station #8 16 7/16" Mold #3 ---------------
Station #9 16 1/2" Mold #4
Station #10 16 3/8" Mold #5
Station #11 15 7/8" Mold #6

As you can see there is a dip at station #4 and at station #8. This
does not seem logical. Am I wrong?