KLC Lewis KLC Lewis is offline

Default Flying Pig Prevention Measures

"Peter Hendra" wrote in message
On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 19:04:11 -0500, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

Thinking otherwise, though politically wonderful, is foolhardy and
dangerous.

Larry
--

I'll go head to head with most men any day of the week, Larry. My boat is
sized for what I can handle. Nevertheless, your gendertyping doesn't take

What do you mean "someday'? I have been doing as I have been told by
my owner for thirty years, but then I come from a country where the
current and last Prime Ministers are women - New Zealand.

Besides, how many men could stand at the wheel for over 20 hours
without once leaving it in heavy weather when the new autopilot
stopped working? My owner has.

Another thing. Many cruising couples reveal that when it is time to go
to the top of the mast, it is the woman who does so. I am expert at
calling out instructions from below. Besides, I know where the tools
she needs are.

When the prop is fouled by a net, a line or a plastic bag (woven
plastic rice bags are the worst), then the owner is urged over the
side - my reasoning - woman have more subcutaneous fat than men and do
not so readily sucumb to the cold. Besides, everyone knows that sharks
do not attack women as readily - something about their smell.

Lastly, women can be yelled at and sworn at during docking or
anchoring - quite common in my experience. If you treated a male
friend like that you would be sailing alone or lying prone often.

cheers
Peter Hendra

Ha! :-)