Larry Larry is offline

Default Flying Pig Prevention Measures

"Garland Gray II" wrote in
:

Yeah, I like Charleston, too, Larry, but I can remember being directed
to a slip @ the Maritime Marina that had "plenty of water" for my 3
1/2 ft draft cat.
When we couldn't get closer than 6 ft off, I suggested to the
harbormaster maybe there wasn't as much water as he thought. At least
he cleated our docklines and hooked up the end of the water hose we
tossed him.

Cheapskate! The damned "Maritime Center" is only good for DJing wedding
parties and Friday Night radio parties.

It's the WORST place to dock a boat in Charleston...because that's NOT
what it was for...but had to do something to earn money when the fishing
fleet refused to get near it. Huge government waste project,
extraordinare.

Ashley Marina - about 25' at low tide (Tides are 5-6' here)
City Marina (except near shore where the cheap *******s won't dredge) -
about 20' at the outside docks (kept clear by those tidal currents
someone else wanted to point out).
Charleston Harbor Marina - 25-30' right on the edge of a 50' deep ship
channel going out to sea.

We gots lots slips with deep water. Many are at party docks!

Larry