Larry Larry is offline

Default Flying Pig Prevention Measures

" wrote in
oups.com:

Total BS. I trust Maryann with my life regularly. I've sailed with
many competent women and it is not uncommon to see cruising boats out
there run by partners where the woman is the better sailor. In the
local high school sailing league girls have proven time and again that
they are at least as good as the boys at the varsity level.

I agree....as long as the waves are small, the wind is light and the loads
aren't heavy....or, as in the sailing league, the boat is small.

At sea, in heavy weather, my 255 pound ass isn't big enough much of the
time. I can't imagine a woman trying to get the main down in a 40 knot
gale with rain pounding her and the deck boiling up around her. That's
just not right, women's lib or no women's lib. She'll never be as strong
as a man....sorry.

Thinking otherwise, though politically wonderful, is foolhardy and
dangerous.

Larry