posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats.cruising
Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default WiFi Success

On 1 Apr 2007 23:39:21 -0700, wrote:

Once I discovered DD-WRT, it was this
amazing playground. Every option available in every router plus more
was all rolled into one. Plus contributors were writing code and
scrips that added into the firmware to create even greater
functionality. I suggest that you dig out some old router that you
have lying around and load DD-WRT on it.

Interesting, good information.

Since I don't have any old routers laying around that are DD-WRT
capable, which would you recommend buying? Do any of them have a way
of recovering from a "bricked" state due to a faulty firmware load?
What programming language is the DD-WRT code written in, and what
development tools do you need for hacking around with it?

One issue that I have is goals and priorities. My priority is
achieving reliable WiFi service on the boat, not becoming a
router/bridge/DD-WRT expert. :-)