basskisser basskisser is offline

Default Water Drain Plug

On Apr 2, 7:50 am, "JimH" wrote:
"Chuck Gould" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Apr 1, 3:52?pm, "JimH" wrote:
"dave_in_mn" wrote in message

groups.com...

Hi all,

I have an old 14' Alumacraft boat. The boat does not have a water
drain plug so if I leave it on the trailer it fills up with water.
What I would like to do is add a drain plug to it. Has anyone here
ever done that?

Thanks,

Dave

I have not installed one before but it is an easy $13 fix.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tempo...eiver-Kit_W0QQ...

http://tinyurl.com/2x9goh

What sort of screws would you recommend, Jim?

Actually I would think the installations calls for the use of nuts and
bolts, not screws.

1. Stainless nuts and bolts. The bolt holes in the hull would be oversized
so the bolts do not touch the hull. I would also use plastic sleeves to
encase the bolts, ensuring no contact with the aluminum.

or

2. Aluminum nuts/bolts. I would then use JB Weld to reinforce the outside
edges of the plug frame, both inside and outside the boat.

It is not a difficult fix Chuck.- Hide quoted text -

Jim, what would be wrong about using simple, easy to find aluminum
rivets?