posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
JimC JimC is offline

Default Your boat should reflect your status in life. . .

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:

There are sailboats and there are sailboats. Your boat should be a
reflection of your own life's ambition. If you are just a poor schmuck
living in a double-wide in Pennsylvania then anything you can come up
with to sail I say more power to you. A working man has to do what he
can to get out on the water and should realize even an unnoteworthy
vessel is better than no vessel at all.

Keeping this in mind, don't you think it would be wise for a lawyer to
show up in this group with boat having a quality name. A Hinckley, a
Swan, a Wauquiez, a Morris, an Oyster, a Contest. You get the picture.
Could you honestly have much confidence in a lawyer who could not afford
one of the above or was so ignorant that he sailed a MacGregor 26?

To anyone who hasn't realized it, Wilbur (or whoever he is) posted the
initial note trolling in an attempt to get a response from me (the only
lawyer on the ng who owns a MacGregor). Since I didn't take the bait, he
was stuck with all the indignant responses from everyone else and more
or less made an ass of himself. Sorry, Wilbur. - Better luck next time!

As for my legal practice, although I'm technically retired, I have all
the work I can handle, thank you.

Jim