Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Flying Pig progress (and) [morgan] Cap'n Navigator and NOAA

On 1 Apr 2007 06:24:13 -0700, "Skip Gundlach"
wrote:

As to never accidentally touching ground again, if you define ground
as stuff which isn't usually wet, I think you're right about that.
However, I fully expect we'll not only touch bottom again, there may
even be times we'll have to get pulled off, or wait a long time to
float off. Any sailor who sez they've never been aground hasn't left
the dock, or started yesterday :{))

That's all true but avoidance is still the best line of defense.

Speaking to that issue, I'm wondering if you've had a chance to fully
come to grips with the circumstances of your recent mishap, and put
together a plan of action for future prevention. I've studiously
avoided any public comment on what should or should not have been
done, but certainly have a few opinions based on my own experience if
you're interested. More important however are your thoughts.