posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

Default Standards

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message

wrote in message
First one has to define exactly what is quality. How do we measure it.

One measures it by accepted practices that have a history of working.
That's what Lloyds standards in boatbuilding are all about. Tried and
true. Lloyds standards mean a quality boat. Building a boat to no accepted
measure of standards gets you a very inexpensive boat but you are trading
safety and seaworthiness for a cheap price. If you don't have any
reasonable standards yourself this will be acceptable to you but if you
have high standards it will to entirely unacceptable. It's really very
simple.

Oh, speaking of standards, it's standard practice to reply to a post at
the bottom, not the top. See, one little clue and I know you have low
standards. You probably sail a MacGregor 26...

Wilbur Hubbard

Your definition of Quality is not explicit and you do not have any means of
measuring it.
Your understanding is vague and speculative.
Therefore I can only conclude that you do not know what is quality. Nor
will you be able to understand the meaning of building standards let alone
the Mil Specs, history dockets and inspection and test plan.
If you were to build a sailboat how much budget will you allocate for
standards, quality programs and control.