posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

Default Standards

wrote in message
First one has to define exactly what is quality. How do we measure
it.

One measures it by accepted practices that have a history of working.
That's what Lloyds standards in boatbuilding are all about. Tried and
true. Lloyds standards mean a quality boat. Building a boat to no
accepted measure of standards gets you a very inexpensive boat but you
are trading safety and seaworthiness for a cheap price. If you don't
have any reasonable standards yourself this will be acceptable to you
but if you have high standards it will to entirely unacceptable. It's
really very simple.

Oh, speaking of standards, it's standard practice to reply to a post at
the bottom, not the top. See, one little clue and I know you have low
standards. You probably sail a MacGregor 26...

Wilbur Hubbard