posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats.cruising
Skip Gundlach Skip Gundlach is offline

Default WiFi Success

On Mar 31, 12:11 am, Wayne.B wrote:
On 30 Mar 2007 20:01:04 -0700, "Skip Gundlach"

wrote:
For that matter, it's my objective to set it
and forget it as to cables; I want to be able to address the bridge
wirelessly so that each new harbor can be configured without my having
to do the plug and play bit. It had been my original presumption that
I would have to do as you described, but Bill Kearney and others in
this space have asserted that it's not necessary.

At the very least the bridge will have to be reconfigured to address a
new SSID unless you only look for defaults. Reconfiguring should be
really quick and painless once you get the process down.

1. Network scan
2. Select SSID
3. Connect
4. Test with PC
5. Disconnect PC, connect AP/router, test

Agreed. However, see above. I have no problem with my current
unit. I knew it well enough to guide Lydia by memory to test it when
I first put it in, from the top of the mast.

I just don't want to do the unplug/replug/return-to-setup stages if I
don't have to; I've been repeatedly assured it can be done...

L8R

Skip, off to the Blue Angels and other flying non-pigs :{))