KLC Lewis KLC Lewis is offline

Default Atmospheric CO2 -- a different view

"Goofball_star_dot_etal" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 00:02:36 +0000, Larry wrote:

Goofball_star_dot_etal wrote in
m:

Myth 5 - Climate models are too complex and uncertain to provide
useful projections of climate change

Horse****! They can't even predict the weather next weekend. How can
they
predict the temperature in 2017? The Farmer's Almanac is closer than the
computer models, none of which EVER agree until the eye of the storm
passes
directly over your position.

I speak with some authority on this subject, having stood in the
demolished
neighborhood in the pitch black, staring in awe up through the eye of
Hurricane Hugo in '89 at midnight in Summerville, SC. The stars were
never
so beautiful as they were in the center of the big vacuum cleaner!

Weather and climate prediction are different animals. To take a
trivial example, I can predict that next summer will be warmer than
next winter but I don't know how much wind there will be next week.

And you cannot accurately predict whether next summer will be warmer or
cooler than last summer; the most you can do is make a guess -- educated or
not.

http://meteo.lcd.lu/globalwarming/Ho...ngJudgment.pdf