linux57 linux57 is offline

Default Atmospheric CO2 -- a different view

Jeff wrote:
* Larry wrote, On 3/29/2007 8:08 PM:
Goofball_star_dot_etal wrote in
:

The bottom line is that current models enable us to attribute the
causes of past climate change and predict the main features of the
future climate with a high degree of confidence. We now need to
provide more regional detail and more complete analysis of extreme
events.

OK, so what DID cause the Little Ice Age in the middle of the smoke
stacks during the height of the coal-fired industrial revolution??

As always, you're confused about the facts. The minimum for the "Little
Ice Age" was about 1700, while the beginning of the Industrial
Revolution was about 1760 or later. While the Industrial Revolution was
a profound change in England in the first years, it took 100 years for
it to spread around the world.

How does that explain why the earth has been warming for 15,000 years?

And why does the earth warm and cool like clockwork as evidenced by
records extending back millions of years?

And why is it man's fault that we're warming now at the same rate we did
during the last warming cycle when it could NOT have been man's fault?

And how/why can this natural trend be stopped or reversed if its not
man-make?