posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy katy is offline

Default All ashore

Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Capt. JG wrote:

"katy" wrote in message

Capt. JG wrote:

Diseased? Who are you talking about? Sure seems like a bad attitude to
me. While we certainly have problems, I don't think we can right-off a
whole people or country.

Have you looked at the statistics for Haiti, Jon? They are diseased...and
yes, we can write off whole peoples...we are not the saviors of the
world...every time we try to be we end up at the low end of the
stick...yes, I do believe we should set specific limits as to who cand
come to this country..aand there should be rules regarding
immigration...number 1 rule you must speak English BEFORE you come here
2you must have a valuable or needed skill or trade 3 you must show that
you can and will provide for anyone you bring in with you 4 you may not
send money back to your parent country

So, just to be sure I read this right.... you're willing to write off a
whole people, a whole country because of a preventable disease.

Yep...if it's so treatable then they should be treated in their own
country, not ours...there are plenty of social agencies and churches that
do outreach in Haiti...let them get to it...

1) I don't believe we've ever had a law that said people had to speak the
language *before* they arrived.

No..but we should have...

2) What makes you certain that immigrants from poor countries don't have
a valuable or needed skill or trade? They might have..ort they may have
skills we don't need...if their

skills are not needed here then they can't come in...I am not agasint
people training here to gain skills to take back to thier own
countries...but they must leave when they have attained the skills...
Who determines this?
Dept of Immigration and Naturalization or whatever they're calling it
these days...

3) I believe that we already have this critieria in effect.
4) You can't send money back? Zero? Seems pretty harsh to me.

Too bad, so sad. If you want to be an American, then your money has to
work here, not somewhere else.

I'm truly shocked. You seemed like a fair-minded person. Now I'm not so
sure.

No, I'm saick and tired of it a;;...people copme here not because they
value our philosophy, or becasue they want to be in a free society, tehy
come here because they want what we have...they don't want what we
ARE....if they can prove they want what we ARE, then fine...everyone has
their limit...I've reached mine and I am not a gimpu crybaby liberal ready
to save the whole world...I can only save what is closest to me and they
are being threatened by the rest of the world..when that happens, it's
time to shut the gates.

No. You're a mean-spirited person if you write off an entire people. You're
also an isolationist, which is unworkable in todays world.

Not mean spirited and anyone who knows me personally will attest to
that. I am tired of being taken advantage of as a countyry. Let people
walk all over you long enough and you turn into a dorrmat. And if you
read my reply, youwould see that I am entirely for providing relief for
them IN THEIR OWN COUNTRIES...WHERE THEY BELONG! Why should AMericans
have to go to reat lengths of non-reproduction so that others can come
here and reap the benefits our ancestors laid down for us? If we need to
keep the popyulation down in this country so we can be more
self-sustaining the first place we should turn to is the open door. It
should be shut. Like I said, there are plenty of agencies and chartible
organizations that do finr jobs...back them...reinforce what they
do...help them make that country habitable again...but letting them all
come here is not an answer for anyone and if you don't see that then
you're blind. Other countries have closed their doors and made it
possible for only a few to enter...do you think if you pulled up stakes
and decided all of a sudden to become an Australian they would just let
you in? Japan certainly won't...you're not Japanese...Korea
won't..you're not Korean...