posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy katy is offline

Default All ashore

Martin Baxter wrote:
katy wrote:

It's a wonder that thing didn't sink on the way over...3 weeks from
Haiti? Obviosuly noone knew how to sail...wonder how many of them have
AIDS...feed 'em up and ship 'em back....tell them next time to try for
Venezuela....

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

Nah, send 'em to some banana republic run by a man we detest......

Cheers
Marty

When that was written the US was able and willing to do that...we are
now overburdened by the world's poor and disewased...and I am not
speaking of Mexicans or Canadians who share the American heritage. Why
should the US remain the gatekeeper for a world that no longer respects
us? I think a drop cloth should be placed over that placard until such a
time as people realize that being a citizen of the US means much more
than fleeing your own set of tyranny in your own country...too many come
here rather than fix their problems at home. We have become "The Great
scape". BTW, isn't there a lot of room left in the NW Territory? I know
101 Haitians that could help out the population there.