steve_hayes_maine steve_hayes_maine is offline

Default Went up to the boat today

On Mar 25, 3:55 pm, "KLC Lewis" wrote:
Intending to start my spring work, I went up to Marinette WI were I keep
Essie, about a 40 minute drive up the western shore of Green Bay. Had lunch,
went to the marina, found that during the past few weeks in which we
actually had winter snow, someone has been shoveling the snow and piling it
up in several places -- most inconveniently, under the port buttocks of
Escapade. Did my best to clear through the remaining snow and ice so that I
could place my ladder for boarding, but couldn't get through the four inches
or so located just exactly where I needed to put the ladder legs to get
through the door in my winter shrink-wrap cover.

Bugger it all.

On the bright side, it appears that I'm the only one who thinks that it's
time to be getting the boat ready for spring. Not another living soul at the
marina.

Karin

This thread started as a wonderful bit of whimsey welcoming Spring and
the boating season. It has been turned into competing diatribes that
truly deserve to be on another list (any list, PLEASE!). Which goes
to show, some people have clearly been in their landbound cabins too
long, and really need a strong breath of sea air -- the season can't
come too soon!

Steve Hayes