posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

Default Your boat should reflect your status in life. . .

From a candid point of view:

To the untrained eyes, a boat may reflect your status or your indebtedness.

The real picture of your status is reflected by the size of your crew and
the uniforms they are wearing.

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Mar 28, 2:47 am, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
..(snip)..
Your sailboat is more than some lame toy. It should be and is, even if
you won't admit it, a reflection of the kind of man you are. That's why
I sail a Swan 68. I certainly would never retain a lawyer unless he
sailed something equivalent. Wilbur Hubbard

Assuming that this guy is real and not under the influence of an
overdose of Root Canal medication, he may have a point.

I have an old boat (29 years old) that I built by myself and it and I
(67) are still running. And I'm still learning things and building a
shipboard computer system for my next boat I'll buy when I move to
China in August. I will admit that my homemade boats, buildings and
computers are " a reflection of the kind of man (I am)".

But I'll never be bored until I die.