posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
[email protected] terry@terryking.us is offline

Default Your boat should reflect your status in life. . .

On Mar 28, 2:47 am, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
...(snip)..
Your sailboat is more than some lame toy. It should be and is, even if you won't admit it, a reflection of the kind of man you are. That's why I sail a Swan 68. I certainly would never retain a lawyer unless he sailed something equivalent. Wilbur Hubbard

Assuming that this guy is real and not under the influence of an
overdose of Root Canal medication, he may have a point.

I have an old boat (29 years old) that I built by myself and it and I
(67) are still running. And I'm still learning things and building a
shipboard computer system for my next boat I'll buy when I move to
China in August. I will admit that my homemade boats, buildings and
computers are " a reflection of the kind of man (I am)".

But I'll never be bored until I die.