posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default OT Root canal

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
Yank it, and put the money saved into your boat. Dentists always
exaggerate the effect of a missing tooth. If your other teeth are
healthy you'll be dead before any bad effect shows up. You're plus
50 years old, right? Takes about 40 years for the teeth to move
to a snaggle bearing, give or take 5 years. This assumes you don't
open beer bottles with them.
I would get the root canal for myself, but I don't have a boat,
so I'm giving you advice tailored for your circumstances.
Take it or leave it if I missed something, but don't forget to check
out that orthodontist's car. I had one molar root canal go bad after
about 5 years because the guy didn't get all the nerve. After 6
months of off-and-on aches, I had to get it pulled.
He drove a Volvo.

2 grand won't buy even a winch for my Swan 68 . . . I'd rather spend in
on my teeth. Besides, 2 grand is chicken feed when one is worth
millions.

Wilbur Hubbard