posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

Default Your boat should reflect your status in life. . .

wrote in message
oups.com...
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:
There are sailboats and there are sailboats.

True

.... Your boat should be a
reflection of your own life's ambition.

How about reflecting your discernment & skills?

Whatever. The point is having a boat that's up to certain standards of
which you, yourself, claim to be up to.

..... If I hire a
financial advisor I will have more confidence in his abilities if he
arrives for a meeting in a Mercedes rather than a Kia. If go to a
brain
surgeon for an operation I sure don't want to see the dude arriving
in
an old Volkswagen. See what I mean?

Why yes, I do see what you mean. You mean that you are shallow and
materialistic. You cannot judge other people by their accomplishments,
or their character, so you judge them by their possessions.

Nope, you see nothing, as usual. You view the world through your own
defective lens that makes everything warped, wavy and unclear. The ONLY
way people can be judged is by who and what they are. The who and what
they are can only be determined by their works. Their sailboat is one of
their works. Is that so difficult for your stunted brain to understand?
If a carpenter builds a chair that breaks when somebody sits on it then
he's a **** poor carpenter. His works prove it. If a sailor sails a
Mac26 when he can easily afford better it then he's a **** poor sailor.
His works prove it. He bought a ****ty boat. He may as well have built
it. It's not so much a matter of expense and name recognition as a
matter of quality. It just so happens quality becomes associated with
certain names.

Wilbur Hubbard
Fresh Ideas